A police action in Sandy has traffic backed up on Highway 26. It may be adviseable to travel to the mountain on I-84 through Hood River, as it is unknown how long this action will take to resolve.
There is a detour through Sandy that you can take - here's a picture of that or you can select this Google Map Link.
Sandy Detour Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:13 PM
Click image for larger view
Turn by turn heading East towards Mt. Hood Meadows (Google Map Link):
1. Head southeast toward Ruben Ln 125 ft
2. Turn right at Ruben Ln 0.2 mi
3. Turn left at Dubarko Rd 0.1 mi
4. Take the 2nd left onto Sandy Heights St 0.8 mi
5. Turn left at Tupper Rd 0.4 mi
6. Slight left at Meinig Ave 197 ft
7. Take the 1st right onto Highway 26 174 ft
Drive careful - have patience. See you on the mountain!
-- Meadows Team