The second annual Meadows Film Festival will be presented March 5 to showcase the magnificence of the mountain and the creativity and talent of Meadows riders. The deadline for entry is Sunday, February 27.
The “films” – up to 5 minutes in length – will be evaluated on several criteria:
- Skiing / snowboarding at Mt. Hood Meadows in a compelling, positive, entertaining and/or intriguing way.
- Quality of finished piece – video, post production, audio quality, use of music.
- Creative aspects and approach to the project.
- Story telling.
- Overall impression.
The top 10 selections will be presented at the Film Festival at the Vertical Restaurant Saturday, March 5. Again this season there are exceptional prizes:
- The top 10 receive a logoed backpack from Columbia Sportswear, a $50 Meadows gift card and a KEEN footwear certificate.
- Top 3 finalists receive GoPro HD Cameras
- Best of show receives a $500 cash prize.
Event sponsors include Columbia Sportswear, vitaminwater®, Go Pro Cameras, Full Sail Brewing and KEEN.
Last year Meadows received 25 video entries. The more than 200 people who attended the first annual Film Festival were blown away by the creativity, riding ability, showcasing of Mt. Hood Meadows and overall quality of film making the finalists presented.
Taking top honors was Adam Fleck’s “So Far So Good” which combined a crew of very talented riders, panoramic shots showcasing all aspects of Meadows terrain, time lapse photography and slow motion to present style, grace and intrigue. You can see last year's finalists here.
GET ENTRY INFORMATION HERE.