MT. HOOD, OR (Immediate Release)
– Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort is offering savings of up to 50% off 2011-12 season passes with an early purchase by November 6. Mt. Hood Meadows season passes provide direct-to-lift access to Oregon’s most popular ski resort, and more importantly, the 2,150 acres of awesome terrain for which the resort is best known.
Season passes offer the best bargain and most convenience - with 150+ days of operation scheduled this season! Passes become even more valuable this season, with the new Stadium Express high speed quad, Meadows 2nd high speed base area lift. The Stadium Express increases uphill transport to 2000 passengers / hour, 800 / hour more than the old fixed grip double chairlift. The new lift unloads passengers higher up for direct access to Shooting Star, Hood River Meadows and gated access terrain.
Early Purchase Individual Season Pass Deals!
Mt. Hood Meadows is offering individual discounts on season passes purchased on-line by November 6.
- $499 for ages 23 – 64 regular price $999
- $379 for ages 15 – 22 regular price $669
- $259 for ages 7 – 14 regular price $449
- $379 for ages 65+ regular price $449
- Kids 6 and under - $20.
Passholders also receive valuable discounts on resort services, 25% off midweek ski school lessons and day care, 10% off retail purchases, demo equipment and weekend ski school lessons and day care.
Passholders can also add on season ski check for $35 to protect their equipment when they’re in the lodge, Families can add on Cooper Spur Ski Area lift and tubing passes (for just $300) or a Nordic Pass good at both Meadows and Cooper Spur Nordic Centers for just $45 (normally $80). Meadows is also partnering with Bonneville Environmental Foundation to promote carbonless transportation to the mountain, through the purchase of “Ski Green” tags for $20. B-E-F invests the funds generated through these renewable energy credits in clean wind energy. Passholders can also "add value" to their passes for convenience, allowing them to make purchases at the resort with their pass, just like a debit card.
Midweek and Night Passes
Meadows specialty passes offer great value for those whose schedules allow midweek or night riding. The midweek pass is $429 and is good Monday - Friday except December 26-30, 2011. The night pass $129 and is good from 3 - 9 PM Wednesday - Sunday evenings during the night operating season.
10 Time Pass offers affordability and direct-to-lift convenience
Mt. Hood Meadows lift ticket pricing is $74 for a 9 AM – 4 PM lift ticket. The resort sells several multi-time picture products offering direct-to-lift convenience, the most popular is the 10 Time Pass early-season priced at just $379 if purchased by November 6, after which the price increases to $439.
Mt. Hood Meadows is Oregon’s most popular winter resort and received “Oregon’s Best Resort” and “Oregon’s Best Attraction” awards from NW Meetings + Events magazine in 2011.
MT. HOOD, OR (August, 2011) -- Mt. Hood Meadows is constructing its first lift since 2005. Stadium, one of Meadows’ original lifts, is being replaced with a new generation Poma high speed detachable quad. This important project will not only improve the overall skiing and riding experience for guests, but also allow for important wetland restoration in the base area.
Significant Upgrade for our Guests
The new, modern lift will represent a significant upgrade over the existing Stadium fixed grip double. Maximum uphill capacity will reach 2,000 people per hour, versus the current maximum capacity of 1,200 which the current lift rarely achieves. With a more robust design the new lift will be more stable in high winds and will therefore run at maximum capacity more often. The bottom terminal will be much closer to the lodge – guests will find the load point approximately 300 feet closer than it is currently located. The top terminal will be placed on the ridge near the top of Heather lift, which will significantly improve access to the North side areas, including Heather Canyon, Shooting Star, and Hood River Meadows. The lift will also join the Mt. Hood Express for night operations so evening riders will have two high speed quads, maximizing their night riding experience. The lift will also provide improved service to racers on the Stadium courses
- Faster uplifting to the North side lifts and terrain.
- Improved loading experience for beginner and intermediate skiers and riders – the lift will load on a contour similar to Vista.
- More efficient maze and loading design.
- Provides backup for Mt. Hood Express.
- Improved run time in windy conditions.
- Improved night skiing/riding experience.
- Improved experience for participants and spectators for race events on Stadium.
- More efficient footprint (takes up less area).
- Better base area circulation on skis and boards.
- More groomed skiable terrain.
According to Mt. Hood Meadows CEO Matthew Drake, a very important part of this new lift construction is the integration of our continuing environmental initiatives. “A significant element of this project is the restoration of the wetland complex at the base of Blue chair over to the bottom of Mt. Hood Express and continuing to the base of Stadium”, says Matthew. “This project will restore approximately 1.5 acres of wetland within our area. It will also include innovative design engineering for the re-construction of existing roads to ‘float’ above the wetland areas without impacting their hydrological function or the propagation of wetland vegetation.”
With the removal of Stadium (known as “Yellow”), Meadows says goodbye to one of its original lifts. Yellow, along with Blue the first two lifts constructed at Meadows in 1967. After many successful operating seasons, Yellow was upgraded in 2008 with new chairs, electronics, and a variable drive, and renamed “Stadium”.
Stadium Express High Speed Quad Specifications
|| stadium express|
| Year Installed
| Bottom Terminal Elevation (FT)
| Top Terminal Elevevation (FT)
| Vertical Rise (FT)
| Length (FT)
| Speed (FT / Minute)
| Passengers / Hour
| Passengers / Chair
| Number of Chairs
| Ride Time (Minutes)
| Chair Spacing (FT)
| Interval Between Chairs (Seconds)
| Rope Diameter (MM)
| Number of Towers
| Passengers in Air
ReUse Last Year's Pass
Mt. Hood Meadows is making it easy for
you to ReUse your season pass from last year – which is the sustainable
thing to do! First some ground rules.
You'll need the actual pass you used last year in order to ReUse it – so make sure you have it. ReUse ends October 30, 2011. After that you'll need to purchase a new pass, which will require getting your picture taken. So ReUse is the most convenient way to go.
can only ReUse it for the same kind of pass this year, so if you had an
unlimited pass last year, you can ReUse it for that kind of a pass this
year. If you had a 10 Time Pass last year, you can ReUse it as a 10
Time Pass this year. You can't upgrade or downgrade to a different
The number you are looking for on last year's pass begins with:
- UNL = Last year's Unlimited pass
- TTP = Ten Time Pass
- MID = Midweek Pass
- NIT = Night
Now here's how easy it is to ReUse your pass!
- First, make sure you have the pass from last year – you'll need it in order to enter the pass number.
- Select "ReUse Your Pass" under Season Passes in our store.
- Enter the pass number (Beginning with UNL, TTP, MID or NIT + the 8 digits - NO SPACES!)
- If your pass is in our system, you will be able to verify the pass holder, and move on to purchase.
- You'll be able to add on Ski Check, Cooper Spur Lift and Tube Pass, or a Ski Green renewable energy certificate.
you complete your purchase, you'll be able to enter another pass number
to ReUse another pass, purchase a new pass or checkout.
- If you have any problems at all call 503.659.1256 or eMail Season Pass Assistance.
A special note about season SkiCheck.
season's passes had a picture of SkiCheck on the pass. This year,
SkiCheck will be encoded in the barcode on the pass. You can simply add
SkiCheck on when you purchase the pass (regardless of whether you had it
last year or not).
When you get to the payment page during the purchase process, enter the card number and click the “Add Gift Card Payment” button. It will check and display the balance and present a textbox where you can enter the amount of balance you’d like to use from the available balance.
- You can only use as much of the balance as the total of your cart purchase (not to exceed total charges)
- You can use less than the full amount if you want
- You can use as many cards as you have balance available (one of more in a single purchase)
- You’ll enter a credit card for balance due if your gift/phv cards don’t cover the full balance