The snow from Monday and Tuesday grew to half-a-foot in the base area. It most likely will be gone by the weekend, but even so the fresh taste tends to bring out the most passionate enthusiasts who want to hike for some turns. That's OK, but please keep this in mind:
We are in the transition period from summer/fall maintenance and projects to active ski season preparations and set up.
Up until the time we begin active set-up for winter operations i.e. track-packing/grooming, ramp building, chair seat installation, avalanche mitigation efforts, running rope/closures, tower-pads, etc. we will not enforce our no up-hill travel policy that is in place throughout the winter.
- There is currently no patrol or other assistance available.
- There is no hazard marking (low snow conditions create unexpected and barely visible hazards).
- Visitors are on their own and we strongly encourage that they go elsewhere.
- Once we start set-up we will no longer allow up-hill travel.
- As always sledding is not allowed (there are many other areas on Mt. Hood that accommodate that activity).
If you do come up our Sports Shops are open from 10 AM - 4 PM Wednesdays - Sundays, and you can get your season pass picture issued (or purchase a pass as well). Those who have their 2013/14 pass (or have renewed last year's pass) will receive 20% off all the new product in our sports shops!
Check out our Deep Snow ski selection - according to George Taylor's season forecast - you're going to need them!