Meadows Blog

Limited Operations Sunday 9 - 11 AM

The major winter storm has arrived and as expected it has a lot of moisture in it! It's wet and windy and it is affecting our lift operations today. Buttercup will operate from 9 - 11 AM and then we will be closing early and getting ready for Monday.

The forecast is promising - with the freezing level dropping and having the potential to drop a lot of snow overnight:

  • Tonight Rain before 11pm, then snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. Windy, with a west wind 47 to 49 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
  • Monday Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Windy, with a west wind 28 to 33 mph decreasing to 22 to 27 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Daisy, Buttercup and the Ballroom Carpet are scheduled from 9 AM - 4 PM Monday. With this forecast Cascade most likely won't operate due to wind and visibility. There's a lot of prep work before we can get any of our other high speed quads operating. Remember we had an 17" snowpack before this storm hit, so we need to let the snow settle a bit before we can get cats on it. Tuesday is more likely than Monday for additional lift operations and added terrain.

Keep checking our snow phones, condition page, Facebook and Twitter for updates.

3 Comments

  1. Casey Dombos

    December 1, 2013

    Let it snow let it snow let it snooooowwwwww!

    Meadows: Nice crescendooooooooOOOO!

  2. mike

    December 2, 2013

    Did NOAA get the decimal place mixed up on the snow accumulation? 1.7-2.3 rather than 17-23? Sorry, just frustrated. I'll be up Fri-Sun to enjoy some sum and 'limited' groomers. Determined to ski 50 days this year (-:

    Meadows: Depends on the elevation - above 6600 feet we received 16" by 5 AM, and it's been snowing all day! That's our mission - connect you with that awesome snow on the upper mountain. Full boar storm recovery!

  3. willynilly

    December 2, 2013

    9" of r*in yesterday!!! If only it had been snow. Glad to see the white and fluffy stuff finally piling up. What is the plan for lifts and terrain for tomorrow (Tuesday)? I promise I won't get my hopes up for Cascade. I am willing to risk a few core shots if you are willing to open some more terrain.

    Some of us have to give a little notice at work...

    Meadows: We'll update this blog later today - but I see a high speed quad in our future for Tuesday (and it most likely won't be Cascade as it's still blowing and snowing up here)!

Add a comment

  1.  
  2. Submit