New Year's Eve at Mt. Hood Meadows is nothing short of magical, and it's the perfect place to celebrate 2013 and welcome 2014!
Enjoy skiing or snowboarding until midnight, fireworks, a spectacular dinner buffet and a party with live music by Keegan Smith and The Fam (party for ages 21 and older). Revellers can also ride special New Year's Eve buses to the mountain, departing from the Monarch Hotel in Clackamas.
New Year's Eve Operations
Lifts will operate until midnight with the fireworks starting at 10:15 PM. You can view the fireworks from the base area or from the mountain (but not from the chairlift). Lifts begin operation at 9 AM - if you're just coming up for the evening you can purchase a Meadows After Dark lift pass from 3 PM - midnight for $49.
Spectacular Dinner Buffet
New Year's Eve is a showcase for the extraordinary culinary talents of Executive Chef Manuel Barragan and our entire food services team. There are three seatings, 5-6 PM, 6:30-7:15 PM, and 8-9 PM. Seating times are issued on a first come, first served basis at the Concierge Desk upon your arrival at Meadows.
Here's what we're serving!
• Roasted Garlic Hummus with Peppadews and Herbed Flatbread
• Smoked Northwest Salmon Lox with Lemon and Capers
• Fresh Made Bruschetta with Homemade Crostinis
• Assorted Artisan Cheeses and Crackers
• Fresh Fruit
• Roasted Red & Yellow Beets, Hazelnuts, and Chevre Cheese Salad over Organic Arugula
• Caesar Salad tossed with Organic Romaine, creamy Caesar Dressing, and shaved Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Cheeses
• Mixed Organic Greens, Hazelnuts, Craisins, Hood River Pears and Red Bell Pepper in our Curry Vinaigrette
Main Courses and Sides:
• Honey-Bourbon Glazed Ham
• All-Natural Chicken Breast Marsala
• Vegetable Whole Grain Cheese Lasagna
• Roasted Herbed Prime Rib with Au Jus and Horseradish Sauce
• Stuffing featuring Local Mushrooms, Natural Uncured Bacon, Caramelized Onion
• Garlic Herbed Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom & Shallot Gravy
• Rustic Artisan Rolls from Cooper Spur Mountain Resort
• Fresh Roasted Assorted Vegetables with Herbs
• Parmesan-Roasted Butternut Squash
• Cranberry Pear & Ginger Chutney
Desserts and non-alcoholic beverages included.
• Manuel Barragan, Executive Chef
• Johnny Orquiz, Sous Chef
• Kari Croke, Banquet Coordinator
Brrring in the New Year Party with Keegan Smith & The Fam
Keegan Smith & The Fam is a super fun, high energy Portland-based band. The sound spectrum ranges from blues to neo-soul, hip-hop to acoustic roots, and reggae to funk. They won the Best Live Performance from the 2011 Portland Music Awards. Keegan Smith & The Fam create an energetic and entertaining sound that captivates audiences of every age, and they'll perform from 9 PM - 12:15 AM in Vertical.
Celebrate the New Year with us at the party with favors, a balloon drop, photo booth, and a midnight champagne toast. The theme of the night is "futuristic," and there will be a futuristic-themed costume contest! There will be a live DJ playing between sets, and starting at 8 PM. The party is for ages 21 and older, and you can purchase it packaged with the spectacular dinner buffet. $15 cover charge night of, only if there is availability.
Ride the Bus from Clackamas
Departing from the Monarch Hotel, our New Year's Eve Party Buses those who want to celebrate the New Year at the ski resort. Those under 18 should be accompanied by an adult. Departure time from the Monarch is 3 PM. Departure from Mt. Hood Meadows is 12:30 AM. All buses return to the Monarch Hotel in Clackamas.
Monarch Hotel is at I-205 & Sunnyside Road - the Clackamas Town Center exit.
New Year's Eve Advance Purchase Packages
|Package WHEN PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE
|ADULT (21 & Older) Lift Ticket / Dinner Buffet / Party
|ADULT (21 & Older) Dinner Buffet / Party
|ADULT (21 & Older) Dinner Buffet Only
|AGE (15 - 20) Lift Ticket / Dinner Buffet
|AGE (15 - 20) Dinner Buffet Only
| JUNIOR (14 & Under) Lift Ticket / Dinner Buffet
| JUNIOR (14 & Under) Dinner Buffet Only
|Lift pass is from 3 - 12 AM | Lifts run until midnight.
Three seatings for dinner: 5-6 PM | 6:15-7:15 PM | 8-9 PM
Party is for 21 & Older: 8 PM - 12:15 AM
Bus scheduled to depart Meadows at 12:30 AM.
Monarch Hotel Lodging Offer to New Year's Eve Guests
Buses depart Meadows at 12:30 AM after the party. We expect buses to return to the Monarch Hotel between 1:30 and 2 AM. The Monarch is offering a special $69 room rate (single or double occupancy + tax) and a 2 PM late check-out to New Year's Eve guests.
Make your reservation at the Monarch: 800.492.8700. Just mention Mt. Hood Meadows for this rate.
The Monarch will also offer a special New Year's Day Brunch from 9 AM - 2 PM - $25.95 for adults person and $22.95 for seniors.