Congratulations to Michael Blatt and "The Hood Crew" whose "Weekend at Meadows" took first place in the Meadows Film Festival. Michael Ellingson and Chris Bright were also in the top three.
Here's a playlist of the top 10 finalists:
Columbia Sportswear and Full Sail Brewing present the third annual Meadows Film Festival, March 18, from 4 - 7 PM at the Vertical Restaurant and Sports Bar.
We've seen some awesome films the first two seasons, showcasing the riding and film making talents of our locals. In keeping with the freedom that so represents our sports, we've made no categories - we wanted your best effort depicting what experiencing this great mountain means to you, to your friends, to your family.
We've chosen the top 10 finalists! Come join us Sunday as we screen the best entries, present the awards to our winners, and celebrate Mt. Hood Meadows!
- Skiing / snowboarding entirely at Mt. Hood Meadows in a compelling, positive, entertaining and/or intriguing way.
- Content must be consistent with the rules of the Responsibility Code and Smart Style freestyle terrain code (if applicable). Inverted aerials will disqualify a submission from being considered.
- All skiers and snowboarders in action (moving on the hill) must be wearing helmets.
- "Family edit" as the Film Festival is open to everyone.
- Quality of finished piece – video, post production, audio quality, use of music.
- Creative aspects and approach to the project.
- Story telling.
- Overall impression.
- 10 finalists receive a Columbia Sportswear logoed backpack and a $50 Mt. Hood Meadows Gift Card
- Top 3 finalists receive GoPro Hero 2 Prize Packages
- Top finalist receives a $500 cash award
- Any of the top 10 finalists will be eligible for the “NSAA Video Prize” to be submitted to NSAA for previewing at the annual NSAA Conference in May. Any submissions selected to be shown by NSAA will receive a $100 gift card from Mt. Hood Meadows.
Rights and Permissions
- Submitters agree that they own all rights to their submission, including permissions from those appearing in the video/film.
- Submitters agree that they have received appropriate permissions consistent with copy write law for any music used in the submission.
- Submitters agree that Mt. Hood Meadows may use the submission for unrestricted current and future advertising and promotional purposes, including but not limited to web videos, television programs, television commercials, DVDs or other recorded media.
Email us! or call Anna Holgate at 503.659.1256, ext. 1184.