2013 Film Festival Top 10
Full Sail Brewing, Dakine and GoPro present the fifth annual Meadows Film Festival, March 16th, from 4-7 PM at the Vertical Restaurant and Sports Bar.
It's a friendly competition to celebrate the beauty of our mountain, the talent of those who ski and ride here and the creativity of local film / video makers. The fifth annual Meadows Film Festival will showcase local talent - on the hill as well as behind the camera. Come join us in celebrating this mountain and this sport that we all love!
The Top 10 Finalists will each receive a special logoed backpack or camera bag from Dakine, with the top 3 finalists receiving Hero3 Black Edition GoPro cameras. The winner will receive $500 cash, thanks to Full Sail Brewing.
Submission deadline is Monday, March 3
- Fill out the Film Festival Entry Form, and upload your submission to YouTube. Send the link to your video and the entry form to FilmFest@SkiHood.com. We must receive this by midnight on March 3rd. The Top 10 Finalists will be announced and contacted individually by Monday, March 10th.
- We encourage the use of helmets, and we do not recommend inverts. However, helmetless riders or inverted action will not automatically disqualify your submission from consideration. Please ride responsibly at all times and follow the rules of Your Responsibility Code.
- Skiing / snowboarding entirely at Mt. Hood Meadows in a compelling, positive, entertaining and/or intriguing way.
- Content must be consistent with the rules of the Responsibility Code and Smart Style freestyle terrain code (if applicable). We don't encourage inverts, but doing an invert or not wearing a helmet will not disqualify you from consideration.
- Films must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- "Family edit" as the Film Festival is open to everyone.
- Quality of finished piece – video, post production, audio quality, use of music.
- Creative aspects and approach to the project.
- Story telling.
- Overall impression.
Rights and Permissions
- Submitters agree that they own all rights to their submission, including permissions from those appearing in the video/film.
- Submitters agree that they have received appropriate permissions consistent with copy write law for any music used in the submission.
- Submitters agree that Mt. Hood Meadows may use the submission for unrestricted current and future advertising and promotional purposes, including but not limited to web videos, television programs, television commercials, DVDs or other recorded media.
- Email us! Or, call Anna Holgate at 503.337.2222, ext. 1225.