Mt. Hood Meadows Base Area Weather Station @ 5250'
Temperature: 19° F (-6° C)
Base Snow Depth: 23
Top of Mt. Hood Express Weather Station @ 6600'
Temperature: 34° F (1° C)
Wind: Northwest at 22 mph (36 km/h)
Top of Cascade Express Weather Station @ 7300'
Temperature: 30° F (0° C)
Wind: Northwest at 45 mph (72 km/h)
- New Snow Past 24 Hours: 0
- New Snow Past 12 Hours: 0
- Mid Snow Depth: 24
- Surface Conditions: On the groom the snow has started to become wind-affected with patches of hardpack Off the groom is packed powder, windslab, and hardpack. Watch for unmarked obstacles both on and off the groom.
- General Comments: We started off the day with bluebird skies and the warmest temperatures in the Gorge and are ending it with a cloudy fog. While everyone in Portland or Hood River was trying to stay warm, we had a high of 40°F at the top of Cascade today. Although that made the riding fun in the morning, by the afternoon the wind had turned most of the groom into chattery sastrugi.
Tickets are $74, juniors accompanying ticket-buying adults are $19, and those buddy passes that came with your season pass get your friends on the hill for $59. Coming up next weekend, we're having a Winter Demo Day on Sunday - free demos of all the latest gear. So make plans to be here for that one, because there are fantastic new skis and boards out this season! Have a great day, and we'll see you on the mountain!
- Road Conditions: Packed snow and ice. Carry chains or traction tires, slow down and drive carefully. For up-to-the-minute road conditions visit TripCheck.com.
Open Monday. 1k groomed.