Mt. Hood Meadows will operate its scenic chair ride and hiking experience four days a week starting July 12. The Stadium chairlift will run from 10 AM - 4 PM Thursdays through Sundays with extended hours into the evening on Saturdays to provide sunset scenic chair rides.
Meadows V.P. of Marketing Dave Tragethon says the expanded schedule will accommodate the increased demand for mountain experiences, noting, “Those moving to and visiting Oregon are seeking ways to get closer to nature, particularly on this inspiring mountain. Our Stadium chairlift provides a breathtaking uphill adventure, connecting those who want to continue exploration on foot to the historic Timberline trail, as well as some of the most scenically stunning areas, featuring meadows of wildflowers and treks to waterfalls. We are pleased to present such life enriching experiences for all who visit Mt. Hood.”
Also new this season is guided hiking tours offered daily to enhance the on-hill experience. Guides have local knowledge about the permit area, the flora and fauna, history and landmarks adding more meaning to the beauty of the experience. Free tours are offered daily (chair lift ride not included.)
With scenic chair ride hours extended into the evening on Saturdays, Meadows has announced a series of Summer Twilight Dinners and Sunset Chair Rides. Dinners start June 2 with the “Suds and Shrooms” Morel Mushroom and Pfriem Brewer’s Dinner. July 14 the Double Mountain Brewer’s Dinner will be presented to culminate that afternoon’s Brewfest. Sunday August 12 a galactic four course meal will be presented in conjunction with the Perseids meteor shower and star gazing party. August 18 Northwest wines will be paired with a tantalizing menu to top off that day’s wine festival. September 1 Meadows presents the first annual SpiritFest in the afternoon, topped off with a delicious Spirits inspired dinner. The dinners coincide with a full schedule of Saturday events that add intrigue, entertainment and excitement to a mountain adventure.
Mt. Hood Meadow Summer Events
- June 2 - “Suds and Shrooms” Morel Mushroom and Pfriem Brewer’s Dinner Five-course dinner celebrating this season’s bountiful mushroom harvest with Pfriem, one of Hood River’s finest breweries (reservations required / Lift not operating).
- June 22 - Ninkasi Brewmaster Dinner (at Cooper Spur Mt. Resort) Specially prepared five course meal is paired with signature brews from Ninkasi to make a dinner unlike any other!
- July 14 - Brew Fest and Brewer’s Dinner followed by a Star Gazing Party Make a day of it and sample some of the finest micro-brews Oregon has to offer. Then make an evening of it with the Brewer’s dinner (reservations required) and star gazing on the deck.
- July 21 - Mountain Clean Up Party Join us for a couple hours to seek out those pieces of trash and tossed recyclables we haven't yet collected in our year round litter collections. It's a big mountain! We could use your support in this equally big endeavor.
- August 4 - Uphill Challenge Mt. Run Uphill running or walking race beginning in the main parking lot and finishing at the top of Stadium Chairlift for a total of 1.2 miles with 621 feet of elevation gain. Following the finish, competitors will ride the Stadium Chairlift back down to the base area.
- August 11 - Hiking and Photography Workshop Grab your cameras and hiking boots! Join Mt. Hood Meadows for a photography workshop dedicated to mountain scenery and fauna. Lunch and drinks included with registration!
- August 12 - Perseids Star Watching Dinner (Sunday) Executive Chef Daniel DeHay will prepare a beautiful four-course meal with fresh, local ingredients, which will be served on our deck as the sun sets, and end your evening stargazing on the deck. (Reservations required)
- August 18 - Wine Festival Dinner Enjoy the afternoon festival - taste a variety of the Northwest’s finest wines from Mt. Hood Winery! Choose your flight and indulge in white wines, award winning Pinot Noirs and our very own Mt. Hood Meadows private reserve labels. Chef Daniel DeHay will put together an extraordinary menu paired with the wines of the Northwest (dinner requires advance reservation).
- August 25 - Mutts on the Mountain Hike beautiful Mt. Hood Meadows in the summer time with your pup! Join us for this awesome fundraising event that benefits the Oregon Humane Society.
- September 1 - Spirits Festival and Dinner Introducing our first ever Northwest Craft Spirit Festival! Mt. Hood Meadows will team up with a number of local distilleries for this fun and educational filled day. Then we’ll present a flavorful multi-course dinner designed around the spirits of the day (reservations required for the dinner).
- September 14 - 16 - Mt. Hood Challenge Marathon Trail Run Epic Trail Events presents a 3-day half marathon trail running event throughout the Mt. Hood National Forest. Run an ultra-marathon over three days. 10 mile loops in the Mt. Hood National Forest followed by a running festival with keynote speakers.
- September 29 - Mushroom Hunt and Dinner Enjoy a day of guided foraging for local mushrooms, explore mushroom dishes and expert educational sessions. Have your own? Have our experts help you identify them! Delicious pairings of mushroom dishes with Everybody's Brewing micro-brews. (Lift not operating)
- October 6 - Wy’East Howl 50K Mountain Trail Run The Wy'east Howl is a point-to-point 50K trail running race from "Valley to Volcano". With its amazing scenery, support and amenities, the event provides a unique and thrilling trail race experience. (Lift not operating)