It's been a busy summer getting after a multitude of improvement projects in preparation for the upcoming season. Most notably is a new 10,000 square foot vehicle maintenance facility that will greatly improve the overall experience at Meadows for our guests and our team members.
New State-of-the-art Vehicle Maintenance Facility Will Improve Many Aspects of Guest Experience at Mt. Hood Meadows
Improved grooming, guest shuttling, safety and expanded beginner terrain serviced with a new Sunkid conveyer are among the many benefits of the state-of-the-art vehicle maintenance facility.
- While guests won’t see the new state-of-the-art facility (moved from the main parking lot to less conspicuous location near the Sunset Lot) Guests will notice is a higher quality of grooming more consistently of all terrain. With Meadows’ grooming fleet growing to 16 (including two new Pisten Bully 400s this season) the increased square footage and access to vehicles alone will keep the machines on the snow with less down time.
- Guests will also benefit from improved shuttle transportation between lots as the new facility will maintain the ever growing shuttle bus fleet, which is also used to transport staff daily from Hood River and Sandy. Most notably is increased safety and comfort for Meadows mechanics who currently work on buses outside in the parking lot.
New Sunkid Conveyer adds beginner terrain
- The shop move has opened up beginner terrain where a new 60 foot Sunkid Conveyer will be installed for this winter. This is a natural progression for those learning to ski and snowboard from the current Ballroom Carpet in the Fun Zone, on their way to the Buttercup lift.
Two new Pisten Bully 400 Snowcats
- Meadows adds to one of the most advanced grooming fleets in the Northwest with not one but two Pisten Bully 400 Snowcats. One will be used for general terrain grooming while the other is designed for terrain park grooming.
Mt. Hood Meadows Rental Center replaces entire Adult Rental Fleet with Rossignol RTL skis and installs Wintersteiger boot rack and drying system, allowing space for express service for advance reservations
- Rossignol RTL “auto-turn rocker” feature makes it a lot easier for beginners to maneuver the skis and pivot them at slow speeds but also make it flow a little bit better for intermediate to advanced skiers who are venturing off-piste and exploring more of the mountain.
- The 1400 boots in the rental center are now stored in a state of the art Wintersteiger boot rack and drying system, that will provide faster service for guests at the center. The racks are much more accessible and feature a drying system for quicker turn around and comfort for guests. This has also freed up space for the rental center to pre-tech equipment ordered online in advance, which will provide guests express check-in service significantly reducing the time spent in the rental center.
New 7 Hour Lift Ticket and Value Season Pass Will Maximize the Experience for All Guests
- Day skiers at Mt. Hood Meadows will have the convenience of beginning their ski day when they want and getting full value from their lift ticket thanks to a new pricing program offered this season. Meadows will no longer base pricing on set time shifts and instead will allow ticket purchasers to start their day when they are ready. The adult 7 hour ticket will be $79 ($77 if purchased online in advance or $75 when renewing a day pass online.) There will also be a 4 hour ticket available beginning at noon for $64 ($62 online or $60 when renewing a day pass online.)
- New Value Pass - an Improved Midweek Pass with Nightly and Off-peak Weekend Day Access rewards those with flexible schedules who can avoid the peak crowds on weekends and holidays with an incredibly low price - just $379 ($299 for ages 15 - 24) when purchased before November 7, 2016. On peak days the pass is not valid from 9 AM - 3 PM but can be used after 3 PM for night skiing. This is an incredibly low-priced pass, paying back the passholder in just five visits. The pass offers well over a 100 days of unrestricted access, and can still be used after 3 PM on the 26 designated peak days.
Hood River Destination Program Offers $99 three day lift ticket with no black out dates
- Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort is partnering with nearly two-dozen Hood River area lodging properties to present the extremely affordable winter vacations, featuring a $99 three day pass. Hood River is recognized as a recreation Mecca with the wind and water play of the Columbia River Gorge and unbounded natural terrain for hiking and biking. Just 35 miles from Mt. Hood Meadows makes Hood River an ideal destination for winter recreationalists.
- The lodging establishments include quaint bed and breakfasts, hotels and motels, private homes, cabins, condos and resort conference centers. Each property has its own charm, character and appeal, contributing towards a unique winter vacation. The lodgers also range in distance to the mountain and locale – most are clustered in or around the City of Hood River, but many are located in the rural orchards and forest of the upper Hood River Valley, closer to the ski area. All offer guests a great deal on lift tickets.
- Guests staying at these preferred lodgers can purchase a three day pass for $99, or a one day lift ticket for $59. Both are considerably reduced from the daily adult lift price of $79.
- Kids age 7 – 14 can get $39 daily tickets through the lodgers.
Mountain cam high def upgrades
- Meadows mountain cams are among the most viewed of any web cam in the Northwest. Four of the cameras will be upgraded to high def to bring an even more stunning view of the mountain.
New Nordic Center Rental Equipment
- The Nordic Center is getting an equipment upgrade with new skate skis, classic skis and boots to supplement the current stock.