Meadows has loaded up the opening weekend Saturday, July 14, with the Summer Brew Fest, a Brew Fest Dinner and Star Gazing that evening. Meadows Vice President of Sales and Marketing Dave Tragethon says it will be a great start to a spectacular summer. "Our Brew Fests have always attracted beer enthusiasts to enjoy tasty samples of delightful Northwest micro-brews while admiring the magnificent view of Mt. Hood. To top it off, Executive Chef Daniel DeHay has created an exceptional menu paired with the brews of Double Mountain at our Brewer's Dinner. The chairlift will run until sunset providing a never before offered experience - riding the chair down at twilight to enjoy the grandoise panoramic sunset. It will truly be an extraordinary multi-sensory experience."
Admission to the Brew Fest is $15 which includes four (4 oz) drink tokens and a souvenir mug. Additional tokens can be purchased for just $1.50 each and no reservation is required. The Brewer's Dinner however, does require advance reservation and a glance at the delectable menu paired with Double Mountain Brews explains why.
Pacific Northwest Oysters on the half shell, Pickled Rhubarb Kolsch Mignonette and IRA Charred Lemon Granita
Paired with: Vaporizer Pale
Black Irish Braised Lamb, Wild Mushrooms, Minted Summer Peas, and Dumplings
Paired with: Heather Canyon Double Black and Hop Lion
Pea Tendrils and Squash Blossoms, Vaporizer Goat Cheese, Local Potatoes, Warm Apple Wood Smoked Bacon Dry Cider Vinaigrette
Paired with: Dry Cider
A-Zone IPA Brined Pork Tenderloin Roulade, German Pilsner Potato Salad, Local Cucumber, Scallion, and Fennel
Paired with: Helles
Strawberry and Blueberry Sorbet with Devil’s Kriek Cream
Paired with: Barrel Aged Tahoma Kriek
The Brewer's Dinner is $60 for the entire five course meal with paired brews and includes gratuity, and can be purhased at the resort website, MtHoodMeadows.com.
Meadows will also offer overnight parking Saturday evenings in conjunction with events to self-contained RV vehicles. Up to 50 spaces will be available on a first reserved basis at just $12 per space online ($15 night of). Overnight RV parking will be available with the July 14 Brew Fest, the Sunday, August 12 Perseid Meteor Shower Dinner and Star Gazing event, the August 18 Wine Fest and the September 1 Spirits Fest. Meadows will be taking overnight RV reservations online at MtHoodMeadows.com, and resort officials emphasize that this is for self-contained RVs only.
Tragethon says the overnight parking will allow those attending the evening activities and particularly the star gazing parties to truly enjoy the events, stay as long as they want to witness the spectacular night sky and then retire safely to the RV. "Watching the alpenglow on the mountain as the sun sets and then the stars slowly twinkling to life is a truly enriching experience. Those attending our events or staying with us overnight will have a front row seat to this cosmic show."
Mt. Hood Meadows begins summer operations July 12 with its scenic chair ride and hiking experience offered Thursdays through Sundays through Labor Day weekend. The scenic chair runs 10 AM - 4 PM, but on Saturdays the chair ride will run until dusk, offering spectacular sunset scenic chair experiences. Live music and events will be presented every Saturday.
Mt. Hood Meadow Summer Events
- July 9 - 12 - Mountain Explorer Camp (for ages 6 - 10)
- July 14 - Brew Fest and Brewer’s Dinner followed by a Star Gazing Party Make a day of it and sample some of the finest micro-brews Oregon has to offer. Then make an evening of it with the Brewer’s dinner (reservations required) and star gazing on the deck.
- July 16 - 19 - Mountain Adventure Camp (for ages 8 - 14)
- July 21 - Mountain Clean Up Party Join us for a couple hours to seek out those pieces of trash and tossed recyclables we haven't yet collected in our year round litter collections. It's a big mountain! We could use your support in this equally big endeavor.
- August 4 - Uphill Challenge Mt. Run Uphill running or walking race beginning in the main parking lot and finishing at the top of Stadium Chairlift for a total of 1.2 miles with 621 feet of elevation gain. Following the finish, competitors will ride the Stadium Chairlift back down to the base area.
- August 6 - 9 - Mountain Bike Camp (for ages 10 - 16)
- August 11 - Hiking and Photography Workshop Grab your cameras and hiking boots! Join Mt. Hood Meadows for a photography workshop dedicated to mountain scenery and fauna. Lunch and drinks included with registration!
- August 12 - Perseids Star Watching Dinner (Sunday) Executive Chef Daniel DeHay will prepare a beautiful four-course meal with fresh, local ingredients, which will be served on our deck as the sun sets, and end your evening stargazing on the deck. (Reservations required)August 6 - 9 - Mountain Bike Camp (for ages 10 - 16)
- August 13 - 16 - Mountain Bike Camp (for ages 10 - 16)
- August 18 - Wine Festival Dinner Enjoy the afternoon festival - taste a variety of the Northwest’s finest wines from Mt. Hood Winery! Choose your flight and indulge in white wines, award winning Pinot Noirs and our very own Mt. Hood Meadows private reserve labels. Chef Daniel DeHay will put together an extraordinary menu paired with the wines of the Northwest (dinner requires advance reservation).
- August 25 - Mutts on the Mountain Hike beautiful Mt. Hood Meadows in the summer time with your pup! Join us for this awesome fundraising event that benefits the Oregon Humane Society.
- September 1 - Spirits Festival and Dinner Introducing our first ever Northwest Craft Spirit Festival! Mt. Hood Meadows will team up with a number of local distilleries for this fun and educational filled day. Then we’ll present a flavorful multi-course dinner designed around the spirits of the day (reservations required for the dinner).
- September 14 - 16 - Mt. Hood Challenge Marathon Trail Run Epic Trail Events presents a 3-day half marathon trail running event throughout the Mt. Hood National Forest. Run an ultra-marathon over three days. 10 mile loops in the Mt. Hood National Forest followed by a running festival with keynote speakers.
- September 29 - Mushroom Hunt and Dinner Enjoy a day of guided foraging for local mushrooms, explore mushroom dishes and expert educational sessions. Have your own? Have our experts help you identify them! Delicious pairings of mushroom dishes with Everybody's Brewing micro-brews. (Lift not operating)
- October 6 - Wy’East Howl 50K Mountain Trail Run The Wy'east Howl is a point-to-point 50K trail running race from "Valley to Volcano". With its amazing scenery, support and amenities, the event provides a unique and thrilling trail race experience. (Lift not operating)