Love the outdoors? You and your dog are invited to join the Oregon Humane Society for the 2nd annual Mutts on the Mountain Outdoor Festival, August 25 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
Dogs, and their people, are welcome at the second annual event, that includes special activities - doggie sno-cones, a cooling station, raffle prizes, a photo booth, beer and wine garden, and more. Guests of all ages can relax on the beautiful mountainside and listen to live music, enjoy food and drink, and browse vendor booths.
Guests and their dogs can also explore the mountain: there are three self-guided hiking trails open to people and their dogs.
All event proceeds will benefit the animals at OHS.
What: Mutts on the Mountain, an outdoor festival for people and their dogs
Where: Mount Hood Meadows
When: August 25, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
Tickets: $20 online in advance; includes one raffle ticket. Children age five and under free. Day of tickets are $25.
Event Rules for Dogs
- For the health and safety of all dogs and people participating, participants are asked to observe the following rules for canines attending the event with you:
- Participating dogs must be currently licensed with proof of Parvo and Rabies vaccinations. You do not need to bring proof with you; if an incident occurs, you must be able to produce proof in a reasonable amount of time.
- For safety reasons, “extend-a-leashes” will NOT be allowed. Dogs must be kept on a regular leash at all times. Leashes should be no more than six feet in length while on the hiking trails.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Event officials reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog whose behavior could be dangerous to others. Please use good judgment regarding the temperament of your pet so that this event will be safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Puppies that are not fully vaccinated should not participate. Check with your veterinarian first.
- Be sure you and your dog are conditioned for this event, especially if you plan to hike.