With opening day just two months away, Mt. Hood Meadows is ready to fill 1,000 seasonal positions for the 2019-20 winter season. The resort has increased its entry level wage to $12.50 / hour (for non-tipped positions), a full $1.25 / hour above the Oregon minimum wage for the area. Base rates for other positions have also been raised to retain valuable team members.
The wage adjustments demonstrate Meadows’ desire to attract high quality applicants who want to receive training, guidance and opportunity to grow their professional and personal skill sets, to advance their careers at Meadows and beyond. V.P. of People and Learning Matt Troskey says Meadows’ success is built on a culture of learning and growing, expounding, “Growing and retaining our team is essential to providing life-enriching experiences to our guests. A team that is challenged to continually improve itself and the experience we offer to guests results in higher performance and a motivating work environment.”
In addition to addressing wages, Meadows is also working with local property owners to reduce the cost of housing for employees through its successful Turns for Tenants (T4T) program. Meadows is working with local property owners to facilitate MHM Employee access to affordable housing in the region. T4T offers qualifying landlords lift access for providing rent below a threshold for qualifying team members. Troskey describes the program, now in its fourth season, as a, “Win-win-win for the property owners, our team members and the company, as it provides reasonable accommodations for our team which are difficult to come by, and rewards the property owner with lift access and a responsible tenant for the winter.”
Other benefits for Mt. Hood Meadows team members include:
- Free skiing and snowboarding for the team member and qualified dependents with discount buddy tickets for extended family and friends
- A mountain exchange program to ski and ride for free at many Pacific Northwest ski areas
- Free daily team member transportation from Hood River and Sandy
- Free group lessons and discounted equipment rentals
- On-mountain restaurant and retail discounts and a special employee store offering a range of essential items at deep discounts
Meadows Human Resources team and Hiring Managers will attend several job fairs leading up to the season where those interested can receive more information about the life experience as a team member at the resort.
- Oct 9th Portland Community College, 10:30am-1:30pm Sylvania Campus Building, upper mall - campus 12000 SW 49th Avenue
- Oct 17th Sandy Good Will Job Fair 1-3pm Sandy Baptist Church 34435 SE Jarl Rd, Boring, OR
- Oct 18th Sandy Farmers Market, 3-7pm 38600 Proctor Blvd, Sandy, OR
- Oct 22nd Clackamas Community College, 10am-1pm Gregory Forum, 19600 Molalla Ave. Oregon City, OR
- Oct 24th Mt. Hood Community College 11am-2pm Gresham Campus 26000 S.E. Stark St., Gresham, OR
- Oct 26th Hood River Library, 1-5pm 502 E State St. Hood River
- Nov 23rd Snowvana, 10am-8pm Oregon Convention Center
Applications can also be submitted online at SkiHood.com/jobs where specific jobs are posted and information detailing benefits and the lifestyle of a Meadows team member are presented.
Find the Right Job for You