Mt. Hood Meadows opened the 2020/21 season today amidst a powerful NW storm that dropped six inches of snow in just eight hours. Lifts are now scheduled daily from 9 AM - 4 PM. Up to nine lifts were scheduled for today's opening, however strong winds with gusts reaching 70 mph reduced lifts to just Mt. Hood Express and Buttercup for a portion of the day.
Regardless, pass holders were stoked to get back on the snow, even with the blizzard-like conditions, and Meadows officials were very pleased and grateful that guests followed the COVID guidelines. Many waited out the storm in their vehicles, avoiding the indoor lodge space per the governor’s orders.
Guests were prepared with masks and face coverings, picked up their passes outside (guest services and pass holder services have been relocated to the outdoor ticket windows this season), and spread themselves out while waiting in lift mazes. It was a great start to what we hope will be a long season, sustained by everyone working together to keep each other healthy by following the guidelines.
We are open daily now and the first few days of operation are for pass holders only. Day tickets will be made available online for advance purchase once we gauge visitation and feel we can handle more guests.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great opening day!
- Masks will be required at all times in the parking lot, lodges, on shuttles, in lift lines and on the lifts
- All lift tickets, lessons and rentals must be purchased online in advance - they will not be available at the resort this season
- We will sell to-go food, but eating will not be allowed inside. Indoor restrooms are available, but guests are asked to limit themselves to 10 minutes in the lodge at a time. Additional porta-potties are also available
- The only places at the resort to pick up passes is at the ticket booth or the ticket windows at Hood River Meadows. All guest services and pass holder services have been moved outside to these locations
- Please do not approach lifts before 8:30 AM - until the lift mazes are completely set
- Thank you for being flexible, patient and kind