(Friday, January 28, 2022) -- Starting today we are trying a new approach that should alleviate some of the evening shuttling we’ve experienced on busy days when we’ve diverted later arriving traffic to our Hood River Meadows parking lot. On those days, we will allow return ski down access back to the HRM lot until 5 PM. It’s always been around 4 PM in the past but we believe this extra hour will allow more people time to ski or ride down to their cars meaning less people that need to be shuttled.
THE HOOD RIVER EXPRESS LIFT STILL CLOSES AT 4 PM. So this is not a way to run laps on the lift. The ski down access is to reduce the shuttle demand and allow more people to get back to the vehicle without having to ride the shuttle. So to be clear:
On days that we have filled our Main and Sunrise parking lots, and are diverting traffic to park at Hood River Meadows we will provide ski access back down to the Hood River Meadows Parking lot until 5 PM.
- Hood River Express lift runs until 4 PM.
- The Hood River Meadows lodge still closes at 4:30 PM to allow our team time to catch their shuttle buses. If you rent a locker at that lodge, you need to get to the lodge before it closes.
- Please obey all signs and postings, stay off closed trails and DO NOT cross rope lines.
The designated return route from the top of the Stadium Express is:
- Kinnikinick to Skiway - only Kinnikinick is open - the other trail entrances are closed.
- Please follow the directions of our safety hosts and DO NOT cross any rope lines or closed trails.
- Stay on Kinnikinick - do not go into the trees or cross over to other trails. The are closed and we have grooming equipment on those trails.
- Cutting off to Skiway will lead you to the HRM parking lot. If you continue down Kinnikinick or ski under the chair you'll have to walk up from the bottom of the chair to the parking lot.
- Ski and ride with care.
- Follow the route highlighted in pink below: