Mt. Hood Meadows launches its summer scenic chairlift and hiking operations this Friday, June 24. The resort will offer chairlift rides, the premier hiking experience on Mt. Hood, as well as events and entertainment on the weekends, five days a week through Labor Day.
Summer operations will have a snowy start this year, due to a lingering snowpack that will cover some of the upper elevation trails.
As the snow melts, Mt. Hood's premier hiking experience will be will revealed with 8.5 miles of recently constructed hiking trails from the base area. The trail system provides day hikes on woodland trails through meadows of wildflowers to magnificent overlooks and waterfall hikes. The interior trails also connect to Umbrella Falls, Sahalie Falls, Elk Meadows, and Timberline Trails, which all pass through the Meadows permit area and are now easily accessed from the base area.
Summer operations include a wide range of activities beyond hiking and the scenic chairlift ride, such as geocaching, culinary festivals and other weekend events, games, and nighttime movies on the deck. The resort will also have outdoor mountain-view dining on the deck to help refresh hungry and thirsty hikers, and a gift shop for logo wear and more.
Days & Hours of Operations
June 24 - September 5
- Thursday & Friday* - 10 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday & Sunday** - 10 AM to 7 PM
- Monday 10 AM to 5 PM (closing at 3 PM on Monday, July 4)
*The chairlift will be open until 7 PM on Friday nights that we are offering Movies on the Deck
**On Saturday and Sunday, June 25 and 26, Meadows will close at 5 PM
Purchase Discounted Scenic Chair Ride Tickets in Advance
Stargazer Dinners, Mushroom Hunts, Mountain Adventure Runs, Summer Music Series, and Friday Night Movies on the Deck highlight Mt. Hood Meadows summer events
Summer events at Mt. Hood Meadows are being served with an extra helping of culinary events, from Culinary Experience Tours (featuring Polynesia, Mexico, and Italy) to a Summer Brew Fest and Winemaker's Dinner. The stellar Stargazer Dinner returns with a series of three, nighttime star shows and night sky photography tips, featuring dinners on July 8 and July 9, as well as one with a different menu on August 12.
New events started two seasons ago have “mushroomed” into a series of events this summer. Every Sunday in August and on September 4, join our local expert and Meadows team member, Jason Roberts, for a Mushroom Hunt to learn how to identify, forage and collect these tasty delicacies. Friday Night Movies on the Deck will be presented in August through September 2, featuring all-time, family-favorite flicks under the stars.
Competitive events range from the Wy'east Howl and Mt. Trail Game adventure runs to a Balance Bike event for kids. Doggies of all shapes and sizes return to Meadows for the Oregon Humane Society fundraiser “Mutts on the Mountain” August 27. And the summer events kick off opening weekend with a SOLVE Mountain Cleanup on Saturday, June 25.
Events Schedule (subject to change)
- Saturday, June 25: Mountain Cleanup
- Saturday, July 2: Polynesian Culinary Tour
- Friday, July 8: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday, July 9: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday & Sunday, July 9 & 10: Makers Market
- Saturday & Sunday, July 16 & 17: Wy'east Howl
- Saturday, July 30: Balance Bike Race
- Friday, August 5: Movies on the Deck - The Karate Kid (1984)
- Saturday & Sunday, August 6 & 7: Mt. Hood Trail Games
- Sundays in August (7, 14, 21, 28) and Sept. 4: Mushroom Hunt Series
- Friday, August 12: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday, August 13: Mexican Culinary Tour
- Saturday, August 13: Summer Music Series - Megan Alder
- Friday, August 19: Movies on the Deck - Ghostbusters (1984)
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Brew Fest
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Music Series - Kathleen Hollingsworth
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Brewer's Dinner featuring Double Mountain
- Sunday, August 21: Summer Music Series - Dave Tragethon
- Friday, August 26: Movies on the Deck - Hook (1991)
- Saturday, August 27: Mutts on the Mountain
- Saturday, August 27: Summer Music Series - Charleah Lillig
- Saturday, August 27: Winemaker's Dinner featuring Mt. Hood Winery
- Sunday, August 28: Summer Music Series - Charleah Lillig
- Friday, September 2: Movies on the Deck - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- Saturday, September 3: Italian Culinary Tour
- Saturday, September 3: Summer Music Series - Cale Rice
- Sunday, September 4: Summer Music Series - Jess Clemons
- Sunday & Monday, September 4 & 5: Labor Day Weekend BBQ on the Deck
- Monday, September 5: Summer Music Series - Jess Clemons