Youth Lessons - Thanks for a great 2020-21 season. We will see you next year when the snow flies!
Youth Daily Lesson Information
At the Meadows Learning Center, our goal is to create passionate, lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
All lessons must be purchased online by 12 PM the day before your visit. Youth full-day ski or snowboard lessons include four hours of instruction from 9:30-11:30 AM and then 1-3 PM. Youth half-day ski or snowboard lessons include two hours of instruction from 9:30-11:30 AM or 1-3 PM. For the 2020-21 season, these lessons are available for children ages 7-14 of all ability levels from First Time through Black. (Adult lessons are also an option for students age 13 & up).
This season, our youth lessons will meet on the snow at the Children’s Corral, located on the mountain side of the new Sahale Lodge. Morning check-in begins at 9:00 AM, afternoon check-in begins at 12:30.
Rentals for lessons can be picked up at our new Rental Center, located on the main floor of the Sahale Lodge. Rentals will need to be picked up prior to checking in at the Children’s Corral for lessons.
We recommend arriving at the mountain at least 90 minutes prior to your lesson start time. Arriving as early as 8 AM is recommended during weekends or the holiday season. Upon arrival, please proceed to the main floor of the Sahale Lodge, the new home to both our Learning Center and Rental Center. A member of the Learning Center or the Guest Services Team will be able to guide you through the check-in process.
Out of an abundance of caution there will be no supervised lunch at this time for full-day youth lessons. Instructors will return all students to the Children’s Corral and release them to their parents/guardians for lunch. Groups will reform back in the Children’s Corral after the lunch break starting at 12:30 PM.
- Available for children ages 5-14
- Lessons for ages 5 and 6 have limited availability
- Children 4 and younger may take a Parent & Me or a Private lesson
- Parents of children 6 and younger must be within 10 minutes of the base area, and have good cell phone service so we can reach you in case your child needs assistance that requires close contact such as going to the restroom, taking a break to warm up, etc.
- All lessons require a lift ticket or season pass
- The Rental Center has moved to the first floor of Sahale Lodge
- Get tips for a positive lesson or See steps for checking into our CLC
What is dynamic pricing? Mt. Hood Meadows' daily ticket price is established through advance sales for each day. You are assured the best price available by purchasing online in advance or reloading your ticket media at skihood.com