Full service dining and new grab and go options available!
Good food, even better views!
A great selection of dining options awaits you in our new lodge: Sahale!
Dining Information for the 2020-21 Season
The Sahale Lodge adds an additional 10,000 square feet of dining space, along with all the vacated space on the second floors of the North and South Lodges. We are converting our Schuss and Fresh Tracks restaurants into to-go/takeout service - so you can order from a simplified menu, pay for it, grab it, and go! We will gain indoor seating space from the old SnoBlaster and Racer rooms in the North Lodge, combined with the Schuss, to arrange socially-distanced seating indoors when we feel it's safe for our team to allow guests indoors. We encourage you to pick up a grab-and-go option and dine at your vehicle between runs.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be able to offer any seating inside the lodges initially. All food will be served TO-GO to eat outside on the deck or in your car. That also means we will not have any sit-down dining service at the Alpenstube, Vertical, or Bullwheel Bar (in the new Sahale Lodge). Those areas will remain closed until we feel indoor dining can be done safely with our team in mind.
We are planning for up to three freestanding beer stations that will also offer limited wine and limited cocktails, along with the service windows for the Bullwheel Bar in the new Sahale Lodge for full bar service to take out on the deck.
The Mazot now serves at the outside window only.
When we feel it's safe for our team, we will open the sit-down, full-service restaurants (Alpenstube, Vertical, and Bullwheel Bar) and will offer sit-down dining with appropriately socially-distanced tables.
We will also provide well-spaced seating outdoors on the Alpenstube deck and Sahale deck as weather allows.
We invite you to bring your appetite to Mt. Hood Meadows! We offer 10 eating establishments, ranging from full-service, sit-down dining in the Alpenstube Restaurant, Vertical Restaurant and Bullwheel Bar (in the Sahale Lodge), to quick service at the Sahale Grill, Schuss Grill To Go Express, Fresh Tracks Grab & Go, Wildflowers Cafe, or Higher Grounds Cafe. The Mazot is located on the slopes and the Renaissance Cafe is located at our Hood River Meadows Services Center.
Executive Chef Matthew Grimsley is passionate about finding new complimentary flavors and textures and pairing them together to create a full palate and give you an extraordinary dining experience.
- Sahale Grill - Sahale provides much-needed additional seating for our restaurant operations. The vast Waterfall Room, featuring a large fireplace, Raptor’s Roost mezzanine, and outdoor deck are set with physically-distanced tables, where those grabbing orders from the Sahale Grill can dine. Chef Matthew has created four great menus for that space: “South of the Border,” “Far East,” “From the Grill,” and “Little Italy,” featuring items made fresh to order for quick in-and-out service… including the best artisan pizza on Mt. Hood! The Sahale Deck is open seating for all ages. Half of it is covered and the deck is heated for snow melt. It has two beautifully crafted fireplaces.
- Wildflowers Coffee & Tea - Espresso, coffee, smoothies, and grab & go items
- Bullwheel Bar - This is a 21 and older area. Sit fireside and enjoy nice menu items served in this area, which come from the Sahale Grill kitchen. There is a service window for sales direct to the deck and a service window for sales into the main Sahale seating area
- Alpenstube - This is our premier full-service, sit down restaurant. We have a great alpine menu, and a full bar featuring Northwest microbrews, and some great Northwest wines. It will operate seven days a week and into the evenings
- Higher Grounds - Espresso, coffee, smoothies, grab & go items, and our special all-day breakfast sandwiches
- Schuss To-Go Express - A quick in-and-out menu featuring burgers, chicken strips, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, mac & cheese, chili, and a wide assortment of beverages
- Fresh Tracks Grab & Go - This is a grab & go location with a wide variety of food, snacks and beverage offerings. Quick in and quick out
- Vertical - Located on the 3rd floor with an incredible view. Full sit-down service menu with a full-service bar
- Mazot - A great on-slope location for snacks and beverages… featuring the Mazot Dawg! All service is through the window
- Ren Cafe - Espresso, coffee, smoothies, grab & go items, our special all-day breakfast sandwiches, and a great selection of beer and wine
- Manny's Lonchera - A great Mexican food cart operated by a local vendor. It will operate on peak days outside the Hood River Meadows lodge
- Remote Bars - We will be offering up to three beer stations that will operate outside, weather permitting, or inside the lodge, with draft beer, wine and limited cocktails. There will also be some very limited grab-and-go food options
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about your dining experience at Mt. Hood Meadows, send us an email! We'd love to hear from you.