Mt. Hood Meadows is Portland's favorite ski resort for as many reasons as we have passholders!
We all have our reasons. Most say our terrain is what sets Meadows apart. Others claim it is the advanced lift system with six high speed quads offering swift service from the bottom of Hood River Meadows to the top of Cascade Express. It could be the RFID system that takes the hassle out of the lift line experience. Many compliment our friendly staff, and the improvements we have made to our hospitality experience. Everyone has their own reasons. We thought we'd share with you what those who know us best - our loyal passholders - have to say:
- Because of the terrain...
• All Mt. Hood resorts are conveniently located to my home. I keep coming back to Meadows because it has the most acreage and variety on the mountain.
• I cannot over emphasize the value of Heather Canyon/Private Reserve as a unique feature of Meadows.
• No other reason, other than the Carpet ride for kids and the Canyons when I can get up without my kiddos.
• In the Portland area we really have 4 choices for local skiing. I prefer MHM because of the variety of the terrain, its relative value and the scenic quality it presents.
• Heather Canyon, if and when open, offers unparalleled terrain. Meadows customer service experience is vastly improved and excellent.
- Because of the service...
• Being familiar with the resort, the varied terrain, best resort on Mt. Hood, and your staff is always such a delight. I have noticed a big improvement in customer service focus in the past few years. I work in hospitality so I know the importance of good service. Keep it up!!
• All the smiling faces and fun atmosphere. Loved every minute I was up there this past year. Can't wait for winter!!
• Friendly staff... the lift operators are always smiling and happy. That's a big deal. The cookies and Reese's Pieces in line are brilliant too.
• Over the past few years there has been an obvious effort by management to improve the customer experience. They have been very successful and I appreciate the efforts.
• This was my first year coming! The friendliness of all staff will keep me coming back and the fun!
- Because of the location...
• Geography. Meadows has the best terrain/snow combination on Hood.
• The scenery is classic Cascades. A cold beer at the pizza restaurant is the best view on the mountain.
• For me its the closest option to Hood River and I like the terrain at Meadows over Timberline and Ski Bowl.
• Proximity to Portland, most likely to have something resembling powder because of higher altitude, more challenging terrain than Timberline.
• I'll try to put it into words. I moved back from Bend because of it. Memories of great staff helps. Terrain is wonderful.
- Because of the conditions...
• It is a great place for the kids, the weather is more predictable and the snow is better, with more options.
• On sunny days (and sometimes cloudy ones) it's absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me that winter doesn't always suck.
• The bluebird days during the winter months. Portland is so gray and Meadows is east and I can find blue sky.
- Because of the value...
• I learned how to ski at Mt. Hood Meadows through private and multi-week lessons. I love the multi-week lesson value and will probably try to sign up again (if my schedule will allow) just to have a group to ski with and to continue learning more. I also enjoy all the high quality food options at the restaurants and friendly staff.
• Great prices on night passes, not crowded at night, love the terrain better than other spots on Hood.
• The all day snowboarding through the late night. I need to maximize my time when I have an opportunity to ride. Meadows is the only resort open almost as late as Ski Bowl and offers a good variety of terrain, even at night .
- Because of the whole package...
• We just like the over all package, the terrain, parks, better night skiing. The new ticket gates are awesome.
• Continued improvement in upgrading lifts to decrease lift lines and back country/out of bounds skiing options.
• I love the staff, they are so nice. The food at the restaurants is really good quality. Also, you guys even have vegan options - that's AWESOME.
• The dog amenities are great. We have met and made a couple of friends in the dog areas. We also love the HRM parking area for BBQ and hanging out especially in the spring. Did I mention the dog areas?
• Subtle touches that make the experience a good one. On premise medical facility for peace of mind. Staff that smiles. High speed lifts.
- Because it's the best...
• Skiing is what makes me keep coming back and I choose Meadows because it has the best terrain and Meadows has worked hard to make it a high caliber resort.
• It's a great experience. It's the best terrain on Mt. Hood with the best lift system. Even on busy days, you can get to Shooting Star or HRM and the lines aren't bad. I also love the new RFID system.
• It's just better than Timberline. If I am going to ride on Mt. Hood, I am going to ride Meadows.
• Meadows is the best ski area on Hood. But only because it has better terrain than Timberline and more snow than Ski Bowl. Also the people that ski/board Meadows are very nice..
- Because it's home...
• It's familiar. It's like a home base where you know where everything is and know where to get help if you need it.
• It's my clubhouse. As a kid we would come and hike the hills too. I learned at Timberline, and had Club 2000 passes but we always skied at Meadows. It's home.
• The small, community feel. Bumping into friends. Knowing our instructors from year to year. The nice variety on restaurants. The music and good beer.
• It is my home in a way. I love the mountain and I love Meadows. My kids grew up there. It is a very special place to me.
• Habit and familiarity - I know the mountain well enough that it's just super comfortable to ski. I have my favorite runs, runs that I do when I want a challenge, etc.
• It's been a second home to me since I was three years old. Every season has been amazing because of the customer service and the friends we have made throughout the years.