Pass Protection and Ski Check Bundled at a Great Rate
Secure yourself, your equipment and your season with Mt. Hood Meadows. A lot can happen over the course of your season. Protect your pass investment with Pass Protection. Mt. Hood Meadows Pass Protection Program offers a pro-rated credit if your season is ended by injury, medical condition or relocation. Restrictions and conditions do apply. For program details, see the full policy below.
Ski Check provides a secure location for you to check your equipment with our attendants at the main lodge. Why take a chance on having your equipment stolen when Ski Check is so affordable?
Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection Policy
Season Pass Protection Policy
Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection safeguards your season pass purchase from certain unplanned occurrences that prevent you from using your season pass for the remainder of the season for which it was valid. These occurrences include injury, a medical condition or relocation that prevents the pass holder from using their pass for the remainder of the specified season.
Who is eligible?
Any individual who purchases a season pass from Mt. Hood Meadows for the specific season may purchase the Season Pass Protection Add-on specifically for their Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass. Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection has to be purchased within 7 days of the original pass purchase. Season Pass Protection is non-transferable, and non-refundable.
Season Pass Refund Protection Benefits
The maximum benefit of the Season Pass Protection cannot exceed the purchased amount of the season pass (excluding the cost of the Season Pass Protection which is non-refundable). The maximum benefit amount per season pass will be paid if the season pass holder is prevented from using their pass for the remainder of the ski season due to the pass holder’s injury, sickness, pregnancy, military deployment or relocation. The claim must be done within 30 days of original injury/diagnosis, job/military relocation or moving.
With respect to injury, sickness or pregnancy of the pass holder; a physician must state in writing that “Due to the severity of the condition, (pass holders name) cannot ski/ride from (specified date or injury or diagnosis) through the remainder of the season for which the pass was purchased.” The pass holder must be under the direct care and attendance of said physician. The pass holder agrees to allow Mt. Hood Meadows direct contact with said physician for medical verification.
With respect to the military deployment; the pass holder is called to active duty, military service or military leave or reassigned while the pass holder is covered under the Season Pass Protection Benefit. The pass holder has to prove that they have been reassigned either by their personal orders or a change of address form from the US Postal Service.
With respect to relocation; the pass holder must show proof that the relocation is greater than 251 miles from Mt Hood Meadows physical address by supplying a change of address form from the US Postal Service, or a proof of address change via DMV.
An approved request is subject to a $10 processing fee if electing to receive the refund by credit card. The amount refunded will be prorated (percentage will be addressed after any applicable fee would be applied) based on the date the pass holder was deemed unable to use said pass based off the documentation provided in the request. Refunds to Pass Holder Value will not incur a processing fee.
The prorated amount is calculated by the following:
||Percentage to be Refunded
|Prior to December 14th*
|100%, minus $50 for each day the pass was used
|Dec 15 – Jan 15*
|Jan 16- Feb 15*
|Feb 16 – Mar 31*
|After April 1*
|100%, minus $50 for each day the pass was used
|100%, minus $70 for each day the pass was used
|* Documented date of medical injury or relocation.
Once Season Pass Protection is enacted, the season pass cannot be reinstated for the current season, and no other pass or ticket products can be purchased or used for said season.
Limitations for Pass Protection
Season Pass Protection Policy refunds are not payable in whole or in part for the following:
1. Season pass holders who do not have the Season Pass Protection add-on
2. Any reason not specifically detailed in the Season Pass Pass Protection Policy
3. Staff, Volunteer, Industry, Trade, Media, Complimentary and Donated items
4. The cost of the Season Pass Protection add on
5. Any amount in excess of the purchase of the season pass, less the cost of the Season Pass Protection per season pass covered
6. Claims made after the established reporting date parameters (30 days from date of injury or after April 1st of said specified season)
Effective date, Termination date and Processing Timeline
- Effective date: Season Pass Protection coverage is provided for the specific season for which the season pass has been purchased at Mt Hood Meadows.
- Termination date: Season Pass Protection coverage ends at 11:59 pm on the earlier of: 1) March 31st of the specified season in which the pass was purchased, or 2) the date in which the pass holder has been determined that the pass cannot be used further as defined by the appropriate documentation, whether it is medical or relocation.
- Processing timeline: From the time the full documentation is received to the potential fulfillment of the season pass refund, may take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks.
- Injury – means bodily injury which is sustained as a direct result of an unintended, unanticipated accident that is external to the body and that occurs while the Pass holder is covered under the Season Pass Protection and must be verified by a doctor’s note with original date of injury on official medical letter head.
- Medically Necessary – means that the Physician’s recommendation is consistent with the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the Pass holder’s condition; is appropriate with regard to standards of good medical practice; and not primarily for the convenience of the Pass holder while the Pass holder’s coverage under the Season Pass Protection and must be verified by a doctor’s note, on official medical letter head, with date of diagnosis.
- Pregnancy – complications of pregnancy, normal pregnancy or childbirth must occur while the Pass holder’s coverage under the Season Pass Protection is currently active and must be verified by medical records/doctors note, on official medical letter head, with date of diagnosis.
- Military Deployment – called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned while the passholder’s coverage under the Season Pass Protection.
- Pass holder – means the individual who purchases the Season Pass as well as the Season Pass Protection from Mt Hood Meadows for the specified ski season
- Physician – a licensed practitioner of the healing arts that acts within the scope of his/her license who is NOT the Pass holder or a person who is related to the Pass holder by blood, marriage, civil union partner or living arrangement.
- Sickness – refers to a illness/diagnosis or disease that requires treatment by a licensed Physician
- Skiing/Ski – refers to the act of Alpine or Nordic skiing
- Snowboarding – refers to the act of snowboarding
The written request must contain:
1. The reason for the request
2. Documentation for the reason –
Including doctor’s notes on an official medical letter head, deployment papers via US military, or a completed USPS change of address
The written request may be mailed or emailed to:
Mt Hood Meadows
PO Box 470
Mt. Hood OR, 97041
Email to: email@example.com