Hiking and Photography Workshop
Time: 8:30 AM- 1 PM
Location: Mt. Hood Meadows
Category: Summer Event
Grab your cameras and hiking boots! Join Mt. Hood Meadows for a photography workshop dedicated to mountain scenery and fauna. Lunch and drinks included!
This class will explore the beauty of Mt. Hood Meadows in the summer, from the tiny details of wildflowers, lava rock, trees and streams to the huge expansive vistas of the valley and lakes below. Plus Mt. Hood of course! Grant Myrdal will teach how to accentuate the subject matter by creative use of foreground and background, natural textures and patterns, shadow lines and converging lines.
The course will also discuss the decisions on whether to place the subject in the sun or shade. Shade enhances detail and color saturation, while direct sun can emphasize the starkness of a lava landscape and be used creatively by shooting directly into the sun to create sun flares as part of the composition. Bring your cameras and be ready to learn from our favorite photographer Grant Myrdal.
All digital cameras are welcome! This includes camera phones, point-and-shots and DSLR cameras. Please bring hiking shoes, water, sunscreen and a tripod is recommended but not required. This course is developed around novice photographers however all ability levels are welcome and encouraged to join us!
- 8:15 AM Registration in the Schuss
- 8:30 to 9:00 AM Event overview, agenda, getting to know your camera, tips and tricks to take better photographs, skills to take into the field
- 9:15 to 9:30 AM Chairlift ride to the top of Stadium
- 9:30 to 11:45 AM Hiking and photography skills with Grant in the field
- 11:55 AM BBQ at the Paradise Deck