March 15 (Canceled)
Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
Location: Mt. Hood Meadows
Category: Special Events
Meadows Demo Day is on March 15 and new this year there will be a fee of $15, with 100% of the proceeds going to Protect our Winters (POW). Meadows Demo Day is a great event that will help educate you on your next ski or snowboard purchase. It is a great opportunity to test ride your next ski or snowboard, or see the new changes and technologies that you may not have had a chance to see or feel before. Also new this year, there will be no day of registration so if you want to participate make sure to sign up online in advance.
Anticipated companies participating in Demo Day include:
Tips for demoing:
- Try skis and boards for a couple of runs and switch to another ski or board
- Try testing your gear on the same runs so you can feel the differences between each piece of gear on the same terrain
- Ask the vendor for a quick rundown on the performance of the gear
- Take notes on what you rode and what you do or don't like
- Don't be afraid of new shapes and technologies - sometimes they can help get you to that next level of skiing or riding
Be respectful and patient - this event will be busy. Vendors are doing their best to get you back on the hill quickly and as safely as possible. Setting up gear does take time.
This event is not designed for you to ride the same skis or board all day, it is here as a resource to educate and help you make an informed decision on your next gear purchase. If you monopolize a piece of gear then all the other folks who came to test don’t get a chance to ride it, so help spread that stoke and give everyone an opportunity to try new things.
Registration opens on 3/3 and ends on 3/13. There is no day of registration, so make sure to register online in advance.
You can pick up your demo card up on snow at the check in tent starting at 8 AM.
- Bring your boots with you so we can get your boot sole length (BSL). Boot sole length (BSL) is usually located on the left or right side of the heel of the boot
- When we record your BSL, our techs will determine if your boot is in good enough shape to demo or not. If there is excessive damage or wear and tear we cannot let you demo equipment. You will need to demo or rent boots. Boot demos or rentals are not free
- Get a demo card filled out by an HPC tech. They will record your release setting and BSL and put it on your demo card. Once you have a completed demo card you will be able to head in and get gear
- Most importantly be respectful to Meadows staff, vendors, and each other and have fun!