Meadows Mountain Bike Camp
Come check out Mt. Hood Meadows' newest extreme camp, and join us for a week of mountain biking. Campers must be proficient in riding a bike. No mountain biking experience is necessary, but kids must have the drive to want to learn. Our full day camp focuses on core skills in skill progression areas, berms, pump tracks and lift accessed trails. With our experienced counselors, campers will learn the practical application of braking, balancing, tactics, basic maintenance & repair and how to master riding a mixture of downhill, trail and skills riding. Campers will be able to bring their own bikes or can rent one for the week. Please see the requirements for bringing your own bike to make sure it is appropriate for this camp. The last day of camp will be a white water rafting trip!
This camp is open to ages 10 to 16 due to the added fitness level of the camp.
Mountain Bike Requirements
- A well built, quality bike that is correctly sized for the camper
- 18 or 21 speed recommended
- Full suspension recommended, but hard tails are acceptable
- Front hand brakes are required, front and back recommended, no pedal brakes
- Flat pedals, no clip-ins
- No kick stands (it can be dangerous if caught on a rock or feature)
- Correctly fitting helmet
For ages 10 to 16. Detailed camp information will be emailed as we get closer to the date. Notice of cancellation ...